Wednesday, November 3, 2010

National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month so I thought I would post
some adoption talk I over heard today from Tyler.

Tyler's birthday is on Saturday and today was the only day
this week that worked out to bring his class at school cupcakes to
celebrate his birthday, so today his class celebrated for him.
I brought Andrew with me when I delivered the cupcakes
and Tyler got to show his class his little brother.

When Tyler was sitting at his desk finishing up his work before
it was time to pass out the cupcakes I heard another kid ask him a question.

His classmate asked, "Why does your brother have brown skin and you have white skin?"
Tyler said "He is adopted. He did not grow in my mommy's tummy. He grew in another mommy's tummy and that mommy has brown skin so Andrew has brown skin too."

It was so cute to see him explain adoption in such simple terms to his friend.


1 comment:

  1. I love it! Go Tyler! Our kids are the best "message" that adoption is great! Happy National Adoption Month to your family!

    ReplyDelete